Attend this year’s Rally For Wellness! Health Fair
on August 14 from 9am until 1pm at Ohio State
Recreational Sports (RPAC - Thomas W. Davis Gymnasium)
Over 60 health and wellness exhibitors will be at the event
sharing information about services available for faculty and staff
- BIOMETRIC HEALTH SCREENINGS – Measure vital health values such as cholesterol, glucose, weight and height needed for the Your Plan For Health (YP4H) Personal Health Assessment (PHA). Register in advance at yourplanforhealth.com to save your spot.
Reminder! You must complete your YP4H Personal Health Assessment (PHA) by September 30 to receive your Medical Plan Premium discount for 2013.
- MEET OSU HEALTH PLAN HEALTH COACHES – Learn how they can assist you in finding a program that will help you reach your health and wellness goals.
- COOKING AND EXERCISE DEMOS – Stop by the outdoor space between the football stadium and the RPAC for cooking demos and tips from OSU Health Coaches and OSU Wexner Medical Center Chef Jim Warner. Exercise demos will include Tai Chi at 9am; Latin Dancing at 10am; and Yoga at 11am. Faculty and Staff Fitness Program classes will include Boot Camp at 9:30am and 12:30pm and Yoga at 10:30am and 11:30am.
- LEARN ABOUT THE FACULTY & STAFF FITNESS PROGRAM – Take a tour of the Faculty and Staff Fitness Center in the Physical Activity & Educational Services (PAES) building, adjacent to the RPAC on W. 17th Ave. and learn all you need to know about the program.
- SCREENINGS AND MASSAGES – Take advantage of bone density and stress screenings, as well as a complimentary chair massage.
- LIVE RADIO BROADCAST – WOSU Public Media’s All Sides with Ann Fisher will broadcast live from the event from 10am until noon and air on WOSU 89.7 FM.
- MORE FUN STUFF – In honor of the 2012 Summer Olympics, complete a mini decathlon by visiting at least 10 different exhibitors or participating in one of many food or exercise demos that fulfill the various dimensions of wellness. Those that complete the decathlon will be entered into a drawing to win one of five Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity and Sleep Trackers or one of ten Buckeye Wellness Packs. And be sure to bring cash if you want to buy popcorn!
To download the Rally for Wellness! Health Fair Promotional Flyer, click here.