COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
Members have a lot of questions related to the OSU Health Plan's acceptance of telehealth/telemedicine. We have updated our policy for the COVID-19 public health emergency and provided you with forms and FAQ's. For questions, please call 614-292-4700.
Where can I learn more about telehealth?
OSU Health Plan members can review our Telehealth FAQ.
What exceptions exist for provider payment and billing?
View the latest version of our COVID-19 exceptions policy.
What is OSU Health Plan's telemedicine reimbursement policy?
OSU Health Plan's current reimbursement policy can be found here.
UPDATES ON HEALTH PLAN SERVICES
Telehealth and Convenient Care Updates
View this article to learn about the changes to telehealth and convenient care.
Biometric Health Screenings
- Cancelled until further notice.
- Telephonic health coaching and web-based group health coaching programs will continue as planned.
- In-person events have been converted to web-based programming. Participants will be notified directly of changes.
- All web-based Educational Programs will continue to be delivered via web.
- Any in-person events will be cancelled until further notice.
- All planned chair massage locations are cancelled until further notice. and no new chair massages will be scheduled at this time.
WW (Weight Watchers)
- All Ohio State-sponsored in-person WW meetings have been converted to virtual meetings until further notice.
Other Calendar Events
- Many events currently listed on the YP4H calendar may also be converted to a virtual option or postponed or cancelled. You are encouraged to contact the event host to confirm the status of events prior to attending.
Ohio Department of Health (ODH) Resources
The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) provides valuable information and checklists in various languages. Learn more from ODH, as well as updates on OSU Health Plan services. Click here for more.
Medical Plan Premium Credit
For employees and spouses enrolled in an Ohio State medical plan and not currently receiving the medical plan premium credit, an alternative solution has been created. Employees and spouses should reach out to the Your Plan for Health (YP4H) team at email@example.com to learn about an alternative. YP4H will work with the employee or spouse to make sure they do not miss premium credits they would have otherwise earned due to the cancellation of screenings. For additional information, please visit yp4h.osu.edu/about/biometric-health-screening and yp4h.osu.edu/update.
Managing the impacts of COVID-19? We're here to help.
View the latest EAP webinars for tips on how to manage the stress and changes that are related to COVID-19.
For information related to the Coronavirus, visit the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center website.
Below are additional resources from the Ohio Department of Health with information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention