Weight gain during the COVID-19 pandemic has been a common issue and many of us are now struggling to shed the new pounds we added during this time or motivate ourselves to get back on track after months of stress.
Self-care should be a priority, and now is the time to partner with Ohio State’s nonsurgical weight loss program to find a strategy that works for you.
For more than 20 years, the Comprehensive Weight Management Program has produced results that rank above the National Institutes of Health expected weight-loss average. And because there are many issues related to weight loss and everyone has different struggles, we offer support from a range of health professionals, including dietitians, exercise physiologists, nurses, nurse practitioners, health coaches and behavioral health graduate-student interns.
Find Success in One of Many Different Programs
We can help you select the most appropriate program based on your own unique needs and goals. Each supports lasting success through different strategies and levels of independence.
Healthy Living – Structure and accountability without weekly classes
- Designed for those who are self-motivated and looking for personalized guidance in achieving better health. You can personalize your meal plan using regular food or request a modified meal plan that can include up to three over-the-counter meal replacement supplements.
Living Well – A complete wellness program and total health approach to weight management
- Living Well Phase 1: This comprehensive six-month program focuses on weight loss and good nutrition, stress management and exercise to help you feel better, prevent chronic conditions such as heart disease or diabetes and/or prevent complications associated with chronic conditions.
- Living Well Phase 2: This six-month program is a continuation of the first Living Well program with progressively less structure. More emphasis is placed on activity and identifying and overcoming the behavioral roadblocks that seem to prevent us from reaching our weight loss and lifestyle goals.
Real Solutions – A dietitian-led education group focusing on strategies to make positive lifestyle changes a lasting reality
- This program is ideal for participants with a BMI under 35 and focuses on the basics of weight loss. Discussion topics include mindful eating, how to get started with physical activity, setting realistic goals and strategies for overcoming barriers to success.
Exercise Enhanced Weight Loss Program – A collaboration with Exercise is Medicine and the Comprehensive Weight Management
- A 12-week program that combines the Real Solutions Program virtually with in-person, one-on-one and group exercise sessions thru the Exercise is Medicine Program.
Please note that we offer remote/virtual learning sessions and individual appointments during the pandemic.
Health Plan and Payment Benefits
All programs are self-pay, which means we cannot bill insurance directly. However, you can:
- Use healthcare flexible spending cards
- Receive up to 50% reimbursement from OSU Health Plans for most programs based on eligibility and participation requirements
- Earn participation points through YP4H
- Use a payment plan
- Earn a discount from up-front payments made in full
Get Started Today
- Learn more about Ohio State’s Comprehensive Weight Management program here.
Explore Additional Weight Management Resources
The OSU Health Plan (OSUHP) is here to help you improve and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Weight management resources are available on the OSUHP website that will help you improve your overall health, well-being and quality of life. Learn what weight management is, gain an overview of how to calculate your body mass index, learn the importance of maintaining a healthy weight, have the ability to connect with the OSUHP Wellness Team and more. View resources here.
Image credit: istockphoto.com