DON'T DELAY. GET YOUR FLU SHOT TODAY.
Whether you are enrolled in an Ohio State medical plan or not, be sure to get a flu vaccination so you’re ready to fight the winter flu bugs! All benefit-eligible faculty and staff can get vaccinated at an on-campus location while supplies last. For details or to register for an appointment,
Benefit-Eligible and Benefit-Enrolled Faculty and Staff:
Retail pharmacies in the OSU Health Plan network will vaccinate faculty, staff and their dependent family members (over 7 years of age) enrolled in a university medical plan at no charge and with no prescription. Simply present your OSU Health Plan medical/prescription drug ID card, and you will have no out-of-pocket expense.
Here is your guide to anticipated costs for your flu shot:
- Preferred Pharmacies: Flu shots covered at no cost. Examples include Kroger, Walmart, Giant Eagle, Meijer, and Costco.
- Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (OSUWMC) Outpatient Pharmacies: The OSUWMC Outpatient Pharmacies are Preferred Pharmacies located at The James, Doan Hall, and Ohio State East Hospital and available to provide walk-up services for the flu shot.
- Non-preferred Pharmacies (such as CVS): Flu shots subject to copay/co-insurance/deductible.
- Excluded Pharmacies: Flu shots and other prescriptions are not covered.
Please note: The flu shot must be administered by the pharmacist at the network pharmacy itself, not at the “clinic” associated with the pharmacy.The preferred and non-preferred status of in-network pharmacies is subject to change. Flu shots administered by non-preferred pharmacies will be subject to member cost share.
To learn more about the prescription drug program or locate a network retail pharmacy, click here.
* Flu vaccinations are completed on-site once a year.
You can learn more about the Health Plan by contacting us. We would love to hear your questions, comments, and suggestions.