DON'T DELAY. GET YOUR FLU SHOT TODAY.
Whether you are enrolled in an Ohio State medical plan or not, be sure to get a flu vaccination so you’re ready to fight the winter flu bugs! All benefit-eligible faculty and staff can get vaccinated at an on-campus location while supplies last. For details or to register for an appointment,
Benefit-Eligible and Benefit-Enrolled Faculty and Staff:
Retail pharmacies in the OSU Health Plan network will vaccinate faculty, staff and their dependent family members (over 7 years of age) enrolled in a university medical plan at no charge and with no prescription. Simply present your OSU Health Plan medical/prescription drug ID card, and you will have no out-of-pocket expense.
Here is your guide to anticipated costs for your flu shot:
- Preferred Pharmacies: Flu shots covered at no cost. Examples include Kroger, Walmart, Giant Eagle, Meijer, and Costco.
- Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (OSUWMC) Outpatient Pharmacies: The OSUWMC Outpatient Pharmacies are Preferred Pharmacies located at The James, Doan Hall, and Ohio State East Hospital and available to provide walk-up services for the flu shot.
- Non-preferred Pharmacies (such as CVS): Flu shots subject to copay/co-insurance/deductible.
- Excluded Pharmacies: Flu shots and other prescriptions are not covered.
Please note: To use your pharmacy benefit coverage, the flu shot must be administered by the pharmacist at the network pharmacy itself, not at the “clinic” associated with the pharmacy. The preferred and non-preferred status of in-network pharmacies is subject to change. Flu shots administered by non-preferred pharmacies will be subject to member cost share. Medical benefit coverage for flu shots administered within store “clinics” are subject to using a provider in your medical benefit coverage network.
To learn more about the prescription drug program or locate a network retail pharmacy, click here.
* Flu vaccinations are completed on-site once a year.
You can learn more about the Health Plan by contacting us. We would love to hear your questions, comments, and suggestions.