Expecting a little Buckeye?
Buckeye Baby is here for you.
Are you expecting a baby? The Buckeye Baby program from OSU Health Plan and Your Plan for Health (YP4H) is here for you. We offer free support to expectant parents from early pregnancy through delivery and post-partum. All services are complimentary and confidential for mothers who have the OSU Health Plan insurance.
The program consists of 4 live webinar-based discussions that review different pregnancy-related topics. During each session, you will be able to ask questions and share ideas with other expecting parents. Individual telephonic sessions are also available as needed, including a follow up session with a dietitian/health coach to provide support following the birth of your newborn.
Session one: Navigating Member Health Plan Benefits
Session two: Maternal Nutrition & Exercise
Session three: Breastfeeding & Lactation Benefits
Session four: Post-pregnancy Support and Resources
Session times are 12:00 p.m. to 1 p.m.
November 6, 13, 27
January 8, 15, 22, 29
March 5, 12, 19, 26
May 7, 14, 21, 28
July 2, 9, 16, 23
September 3, 10, 17, 24
November 5, 12, 19
• A helpline is available through the Wexner Medical Center by calling (614) 293-8910.
• Outpatient lactation consultations are covered at 100%. Contact us for details.
• OSU Buckeyes for Breastfeeding Club. Support is offered through two different sessions—daytime and evenings the last Wednesday and Thursday of every month.
• Free double electric breast pumps. More information about the breast pumps can be found by clicking on the blue "Services" box at the bottom of this page.
• Online educational programs to help you and your family though this journey. Visit Link to Health and select ‘Educational Program’ to search and register for programs.
To enroll in the Buckeye Baby program, call (614) 292-4700, extension 0, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: If you intend to cover your baby on the OSU Health Plan, remember that you must complete enrollment within 31 days of birth. Click here to learn more and enroll.
Note to Ohio State faculty and staff: If you are expecting and you have questions about your maternity leave, please feel free to contact Integrated Disability at 614-292-3439 (800-678-6413) or search for your Disability Program Manager or FML Leave Administrator.